29 April 2009

7 Years In The Making...


I joined the Stashbuster's Class at Always Quilting this past month. It is great! You show up once a month, work on any of your UFO's and then get "stash" money when you finish a project. So I came home and fished out all sorts of old projects that have never been finished. You see, I am really good at starting projects, really bad at finishing said projects. Now all I see are "stash" money to buy new fabric for more projects!

The first quilt top finish is a Stack N Whack I started in 2002. My mom and I took a class to learn this technique. She finished hers, I never did. I really should have taken a picture of my unfinished quilt, because as I unfolded it last week there were all these yellow topped glass pins still stuck in it. Holding bits together. After looking at the quilt, I realized I only had 4 seams left to sew. That was it! Then to just add the border.

The construction is really poor (but no one will get to see that once it is all quilted together). But I do love how it turned out!

Here is the quilt top with the border attached.



Now onto picking backing fabric so I can finish the project and use the lovely quilt. And round up some stash money for fabric for more future UFO's.

1 comment: